Everyone needs a break from the seriousness of the world today. One husband is using his comedic instincts to do that for his wife and her colleagues. Cara Fields is the Marketing Chief of Staff at Elanco, an animal health company based outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. She and her husband, Matt, have found themselves splitting time between their normal careers and helping their kids with online schooling. All this is a recipe for stress.
Matt decided to lighten things up by wearing entertaining costumes in the background of her virtual presentations to colleagues. His ridiculous cameos were an instant hit and not just with Cara and her colleagues. The response online was overwhelming, and Cara’s post on LinkedIn went viral.
It turns out a lot of us need some levity in our day and seeing Matt’s antics was just the thing. When he started dressing up and sliding into the background of the webcam, he was just using things he had around the house.
Things like a power ranger helmet.
Or some hunting gear (you can’t even see him in this one.)
Even a cowboy hat.
But as time went on, other people wanted to pitch in. Friends sent over costumes to up the stakes.
Things got progressively more elaborate.
After over a month of lockdown, a work-life balance situation like the Fields family is beginning to feel like the new normal. We all must ask ourselves how will work change after this pandemic is over. A Gallup poll surveyed people, asking them about their preference of work setting. 60% of people said they preferred to work from home as much as possible. The other 40% said they would like to get back to the office. But with the majority of people expressing satisfaction with their new dining room table offices and companies seeing that they can truly have remote workforce, Matt might need to invest in some closet space for new costumes.
Cara’s friends online were loving it. Some of the comments definitely added to the fun, and some people stopped just to say thanks for the laughs.